Greencollar Association Announces Fundraising Partnerships With North America's Major Environmental
Posting ads for 8 years
Vancouver, BC, August 20, 2009 - Greencollar Association is pleased to announce their fundraising partnerships with some of North America's major environmental organizations, including: 1 Sky, 350.org, Apollo Alliance, David Suzuki Foundation, and Ecojustice.
Greencollar Association based in Vancouver, BC is an organization that promotes employment, education, advocacy and commerce in fields that have a net benefit on the environment. Greencollar.org was founded on the belief that one solution can fix both their economic and environmental woes. Through education and domestic job creation, they can end unhealthy reliance on fast-diminishing non-renewable resources and instead embrace a more environmentally friendly paradigm for driving industry. Their membership comprises of industry leaders from all key areas of the greencollar economy: renewable energy, green buildings, clean transportation, water management, waste management, and land management. Greencollar.org is a movement for empowering and uniting companies embracing the greencollar movement.
Greencollar Association is pleased to announce their fundraising partnerships with the following environmental organizations:
- 1 Sky : 1Sky was created in 2007 to focus the power of millions of concerned Americans on a single goal: bold federal action by 2010 that can stem global warming.
- 350.org : 350.org is an international campaign dedicated to building a movement to unite the world around solutions to the climate crisis. Their mission is to inspire the world to rise to the challenge of the climate crisis to create a new sense of urgency and of possibility for our planet.
- Apollo Alliance : The Apollo Alliance is a coalition of labor, business, environmental, and community leaders working to catalyze a clean energy revolution that will put millions of Americans to work in a new generation of high quality, Greencollar jobs.
- David Suzuki Foundation: Since 1990, the David Suzuki Foundation has worked to find ways for society to live in balance with the natural world. David Suzuki Foundation focuses on four program areas - oceans and sustainable fishing, climate change and clean energy, sustainability, and the Nature Challenge.
- Ecojustice: As Canada's largest and foremost non-profit environmental law organization their trusted voice in the courts enables citizens to expose lawbreakers and hold governments accountable, all while setting powerful precedents for clean water, natural spaces, healthy communities and for global warming solutions.
Greencollar Association donates their services to each of these organizations and encourages their members to stand behind them as well. Greencollar Association ascribes to the idea that the basic unit of the environmental movement is the Greencollar jobs. Greencollar Association provides various environmental biologists jobs and applied research to extend knowledge of living organisms, to manage natural resources and to develop new practices and products related to medicine and agriculture.
When asked about the partnerships that Greencollar Association has entered into, their co-founder Dr. Michael O. Dayan said: "We're working to foster environmental awareness within industry practices. These are the groups that are spearheading positive environmental change; it's a no-brainer: one of the best ways to support the environment is to support them.”
About Greencollar Association
Greencollar Association is an industry association dedicated to uniting the needs of business with those of the environment. Their mandate is to promote employment, education, advocacy and commerce in fields that generate a net benefit on the environment. Greencollar Association represents over 75,000 members and is a valuable tool for professionals, trades-people, organizations, and employers. They also provide environmental certification, industry information, resource materials, and an interactive job board that facilitates networking and employment. Greencollar Association appreciates that environmental education is a critical component in advancing not only the environmental movement, but also a greencollar economy.
The Waterfall Building
1540 W 2nd Ave, Suite 516
Vancouver, BC, V6J 1H2
Toll Free: 1-866-262-5735