Return to ads
All categories
Services
Building, Home & Removals
Repairs
Beware Of Dryer Fires. How To Be Safe In Your Own Home.

Beware Of Dryer Fires. How To Be Safe In Your Own Home.

Posted by Top Cat
Posting ads for 8 years
Dryer fire leaves 15 homeless. Could it have been prevented?Dunedin Fl. - Appliance Repair Technician And President of BBB Accredited, Top Cat Appliance Repair, Delayne Hiott warns "Please get an appointment for dryer vent cleaning YESTERDAY! Everyone waits until a dryer vent fire happens locally before they hire a dryer vent cleaning service.Why wait? The first sign of venting issues is that the clothes dryer takes too long to dry the clothes, or the top of the dryer is hot. With a partially clogged dryer vent, the cost of electricity used on a full load of clothes could cost upwards of $4.00 a load to dry if you have to run the cycle twice or more. A normal size load of wet clothes should dry in around 45 minutes. Much longer than this spells trouble! Don't risk it! You'll save more than the cleaning costs in energy savings within the first 3-4 months after the cleaning. Check out The Today Shows dryer vent fire video on our website http://topcatappliance.com. then call us at 877-TOPCAT-5 for a vent cleaning.
PINELLAS COUNTY (Bay News 9) -- At least 15 people are without a home just days before Christmas, after their triplex was destroyed by flames.
Dunedin fire officials say the blaze started around 6 p.m. in the 300 block of Milwaukee Avenue.
When firefighters arrived on scene, they discovered the wood-framed building and a car parked out front both on fire.
All of the residents who lived in the building were able to get out.
Javier Moro was one of the displaced residents.
"It touched the trees," said Moro. "The trees were burning. We are staying in a motel. We have to find a new place, I guess."
According to the Dunedin Fire Department, the Red Cross is assisting them.
More Information
  • Fire victims react
Investigators say they believe the fire was caused by a clothes dryer, and was electrical in nature.
It caught fire while Christie Murray, her mother, and daughter were inside.
"It was faulty wiring behind the dryer," said Murray. "Within a matter of five minutes, it engulfed the whole house."
Murray says that she couldn't escape the burning building because she is wheelchair bound, but a stranger came to her rescue.
"This guy jumped the fence, who was a hero," said Murray. "It was like out of a movie." more than likely, the faulty wiring cause a spark that fell on the lint lying on the bottom of the dryer's floor. On a clogged vent, the air flow is greatly reduced, causing lint to build up inside the venting and floor of the clothes dryer" Hiott says. Over 15,000 dryers vent fires a year is the average in the U.S.. Spend the few bucks and don't risk it...or your family."

Top Cat Appliance Repair offers two hour Appliance Repair Service, and same day dryer vent cleaning service as well. A+ Rating on the BBB, Delayne Hiott is an EPA/PSA Certified Master Appliance Technician. Top Cat Appliance Repair has performed over 60,000 appliance service calls since 1993.
Reply to this ad
Recently viewed ads
Saved ads
Please log in to browse your saved adverts or sign up if you don't have an account yet.
Popular Stuff