Anti-ragging Regulatory Measures Enforced In Sms, Varanasi
Posting ads for 7 years
SMS Varanasi has been working towards the flawless nurturing of students. To make it more feasible and productive activity Institute has strictly instructed the senior students in relation to punitive actions against Raging related activities. With the consistent efforts of the institute, College has become an entirely ragging free zone for every student. Following administrative actions have been clearly notified by institute:
The institution shall punish a student found guilty of ragging after following the procedure and in the manner prescribed herein under:
a) The Anti-Ragging Committee of the institution shall take an appropriate decision, in regard to punishment or otherwise, depending on the facts of each incident of ragging and nature and gravity of the incident of ragging established in the recommendations of the Anti-Ragging Squad.
b) The Anti-Ragging Committee may, depending on the nature and gravity of the guilt established by the Anti-Ragging Squad, award, to those found guilty, one or more of the following punishments, namely;
1. Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
2. Withholding/ withdrawing scholarship/ fellowship and other benefits.
3. Debarring from appearing in any test/ examination or other evaluation process.
4. Withholding results.
5. Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
6. Suspension / expulsion from the hostel.
7. Cancellation of admission.
8. Rustication from the institution for period ranging from one to four semesters.
9. Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period. Provided that where the persons committing or abetting the act of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment.
Institute has been following below mentioned UGC Guidelines, consistently, as a matter of administrative practice.
Click here for Anti Ragging Notification:
Click here for more details: