Return to ads
All categories
Community News
Celebrity News
Jermaine Jackson

Jermaine Jackson

Posted by
Posting ads for 49 years

Gregg Strenk told reporters outside the mansion that police Chief William J.

Bratton assigned detectives to the case because of Jackson's high profile.

"Don't read anything into it," he said.

Strenk said paramedics got to the house in the 100 block of Carolwood Drive off Sunset Boulevard about 1 p.m., and the singer was pronounced dead at 2:30 p.m.

A Los Angeles Fire Department source told The Times that Jackson was in full cardiac arrest when rescue units arrived on scene.

A doctor was in the house performing CPR on him, said the source, who asked not to be named because he was not authorized to speak to the media.

Jermaine Jackson told reporters at the hospital that medical personnel made a heroic effort to revive his brother.

"His personal physician, who was with him [at the house] at the time, attempted to resuscitate my brother, as did paramedics," he said.

"A team of highly skilled doctors, including emergency physicians and cardiologists, attempted to resuscitate him for a period of more than one hour, but were unsuccessful." Frank DiLeo, Jackson's manager and friend of 30 years, said he was with Jackson in the hospital.

"I got to kiss him and tell him goodbye," DiLeo said, his voice breaking.

"I lost a very dear friend.

Someone who I admired, someone who was the greatest talent I ever met or worked with." At the end of a rehearsal the night before his death, DiLeo said, Jackson departed the stage ebullient about the progress of the show.

"He just told me how happy he was and that things were finally working out the way he wanted," he said.

He said he didn't know what caused Jackson's death.

"We don't know.

That will be for the coroner to say," he said.

The news comes as Jackson, 50, was attempting a comeback after years of tabloid headlines, most notably about his trial and acquittal on child molestation charges.

In May, The Times reported that Jackson was living in a Holmby Hills mansion and rehearsing for a series of 50 sold-out shows in London's O2 Arena.

Jackson had won the backing of two billionaires to get the so-called King of Pop back on stage.

The concerts were scheduled to kick off July 13.

Johnny Caswell, a principal at Centerstaging, the Burbank soundstage where Jackson rehearsed for his London concerts, watched many of the run-throughs and said he was "absolutely shocked" by the performer's death.,0,6083460.story
Reply to this ad
Recently viewed ads
Saved ads
Please log in to browse your saved adverts or sign up if you don't have an account yet.
Popular Stuff