Posting ads for 7 years
L-Carnitine health benefits
• L-Carnitine will give an energy boost, which in addition converts body fat to fuel and elevates certain enzymes needed to metabolize sugars, starches, and other carbohydrates. Athletes and casual exercisers can benefit from L-carnitine supplementation because it reduces the accumulation of lactic acid, which is responsible for the burn felt inside the muscles. This may enable exercisers to gain without the pain, as one study confirmed.
• L-Carnitine is also useful in clearing the bloodstream of ammonia and aids in creating glycogen used to store essential glucose.
• L-Carnitine has been used in connection with angina, attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder, congestive heart failure, heart attacks, and intermittent claudication.
• L-Carnitine can help prevent muscle atrophy. Anyone suffering from a severe degenerative disease, such as cancer or AIDS, may benefit from L-carnitine supplementation.
• Cardiomyopathy, a disease of the heart muscle, becomes a distinct possibility for those suffering from carnitine deficiency. This amino acid protects the heart from damage when a heart attack or a spasm cuts off the oxygen supply.
• Low thyroid function may indicate a need for carnitine to help overcome low energy levels and the tendency to gain weight.
• Kidney dialysis rinses away amino acids, causing weak, tired condition, which is threatened by high triglycerides. L-Carnitine supplements may be advisable in such situations.